My parents divorced when i was 9 and i grew up with my mom and a younger brother. My mom is depressed and has never raised me with love. She took care of my brother though as if he was the only child. And now I can't understand what the hell is going on around me. I feel so confused and lost within myself. I don't seem to care about anything at all. I don't like to do stuff that i used to like and i rather sit at home doing nothin that going out with friends. I think i'm going mental and just feel so angry all the time. I get mad for stuff that doesnt even matter and try to avoid being social. It has been like this ever since i was 12. I even tried to take my life twice, but ended up standing there, looking down while asking myself, what brought me here. I was a normal kid and then things just changed. I have never told anyone about this and in school i just walk around with this big innocent smile on my face. i think i might just wanna quit everything. Please i need help, i just wanna feel like i once did. like a normal happy 17 year old. I know something is wrong with me.

Hey roxanna, what you are describing sounds like severe depression.... given you family history it makes perfect sense that you feel this way..... you need to get some help there is no problem to great to handel that you need to jump to suicide.....suicide is a permanate solution to a TEMPORARY problem.... please feel free to use this forum as a place to talke and vent where people will listen.... what you went through was terrible but know that you are not alonhe in dealing with this. Haang in there things will get better but you need to get some help

Hi I'm Zach and I am going through something similar to you but you just gotta fight through it and don't try to take your life its just the depression it can do a lot of things to your state of mind just try to be normal and make some friends trust me the feeling of love that you get from your friends will make me feel better so just go out make some friends but just stay away from bad influences. ok trust me it'll work :)

roxana! its definitely the affect of single-parent upbringing..u need to be steadfast and courageous...i know ur going through a very difficult phase right now...but the thing is life goes on. i lost many of my loved ones and i too was depressed for a long time until now when i learned that no one gives a damn to ur pbs and u will have to stand tall and adress the pbs.

Best of luck

Sweetheart, I know right where you are coming from, and it will take a lot of work to get yourself out of that place, the biggest piece of advice I can possibly give to you is: Do Not Ever Give Up. You have had a hard life already and that is so unfair to you. Find something that challenges you, both mentally and physically, to help you. What you have subconsiously done is build a wall around yourself to keep out the pain of the past and keep future pain away. You have to break down those walls, and let the real you free. It will be difficult at first but never give in. Keep trying with all the strength you can muster, and talk to someone. Me, even. I wish you the greatest happiness and the best of luck!

Not true. Not every child brought up by a single parent has issues, so you cannot pin it on her mother, necessarily. I was brought up by a single mom with 3 older brothers, one of which was severly disabled. So therefore that argument is invalid. :P

theres nothing wrong its bcz of your mother just dont talk to her and treat the same shes traeting you she might understand and i know that your in alot of pain just try to have fun study get good grades and then in to a good college