Recently I noticed on the top of the head of my penis is fairly dry and is flaking little pieces of skin. I am a virgin, in case it's the symptoms of any STDs. It does not hurt to pick the dry, dead skin off, but it worries me to no extent what it is. It has no silver scales or anything to suggest psoriasis either, plus no one in my family has had psoriasis. Any ideas?

I believe this to be a case of infected skin- an infection which may seem as subtle as it looks, but I warn you it's not.
What you're describing is latter symptoms of this infection, which is followed (given a week or so) with the skin to decay and become incredibly irritable; just wearing underwear will become a pain.

What I'm suggesting is something that not many people may find ethical, or may even find it delusional;

No I'm not telling you to cut your penis off. :-P

Cut the skin off your penis. Preferably a hot blade.

Probably just a case of dry skin. I would not advise 'cutting off the skin' like the post above. If you have some antibiotic oitment just try applying some after each shower. If it turns red and/or starts itching, you might need some stronger medication and a visit to the doc.