I have a problem. I am 32 and I have very dry skin on my legs, I even started to develop skin flaking, which feels very itchy. I am really afraid I shall develop herpes on my legs. Is this possible? What should I do considering the dryness and skin flaking?

Hello!
I never heard that someone develops herpes after period of dry skin, itching and skin faking. I think herpes is not the case with you.
Do not worry that much, skin flaking is not such a stranger to people, especially older people and those who have more sensitive and not moisture enough skin. There is a solution, you just have to follow few valuable tips. Flaking always comes for different reasons, but mostly always comes down to moisturize.
First thing you should do is drop the soap, because many antibacterial and deodorant soaps are too harsh for dry skin, so just switch to more mild one, like for babies. Also stay away from lotions with lanolin, because people do get allergic to them.
Do not rub your skin, pat it! And always dry well after a bath or shower. And then immediately after a shower apply a moisturizer. Choose grease based, which prevents moisture loss. If your skin is extremely dry, Moisturizers may need extra help to penetrate in dry skin, so wrap it up.
I hope this will helpful you!