Hi all,

I am suffering from a one sided sore throat on the left side and difficulty swallowing, accompanied by a dull pain in the jaws, just below the ears. This has been going on for over 5 months now.

It started with a bout of bronchitis in October 2017( which I have once or twice a year). Once I was prescribed and completed the course antibiotics by the doctor, I developed this one sided sore throat and pain. 

I have consulted several different doctors(2 general and 1 ENT specialist), the only opinion I get is that it is due to allergies and/or sinus infection. I got a CT scan of the sinuses done, returned as normal. After several courses of antibiotics over a period of 4-5 months, regular steam inhalation, saline nasal washes, steroid nasal sprays etc. I am still having that dull pain in the jaws, sore throat and difficulty swallowing. I have never had sinusitis before ever, and I do have a deviated nasal septum since childhood, but that hasn't posed a problem for me.

I am worried as the doctors don't seem to think of this as a big deal, when it clearly is affecting quality of life for me. Is there anyone here who might know what these symptoms might mean, and any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

SM