I am 20 years old (going on 21 this year) and I've had this strange dull ache on the lower right side of my abdomen for at least two days now. It's directly to the right side of my belly button but at least a couple inches away from that area. Once in a while it will twitch, but thats rare. I've also been experiencing a strange period if thats what I'll call it. Last month (May) is when this abnormal period began. I've always been like clockwork so that is why this is bothering me... I had my period late (the 17th) and it was due on the 7th. It consisted of brownish leakage and then a pad full of blood the next day. This only last for two days max. Then comes the 31st of May and it begins again. Light spotting and maybe some brownish leakage... then yesterday I filled one full pad. It has stopped now. What could be wrong? Some people told me stress, some said other things. I know I should see a doctor regardless but I thought I'd ask for some advice first so I stop worrying so much. Thank you so much in advance.

Erin, I've had polycystic ovarian syndrome for about 15 years. I found this out when my husband and i first got together he does ultrasound. I would get these huge cysts on my right ovary, all the blood would just collect in these cysts and this sounds gross get old. These are called chocolate cysts. I was always late for my period luckily they would burst and thats when you get that yucky brown discharge (blood). I have one right now i can feel that ache on my right ovary my husband is going to look today with the ultrasound. Or hopefully i'm pregnant. So I advise seeing your doctor and asking for an ultrasound, blood tests to check for pcos. You should try to get the ultrasound around the time you feel these aches if possible. Good luck!