I'm 20 years old and I have been getting this dull pain in my lower right abdomen.  It' been happening for over a year now. Most of the time it will be a dull ache but sometimes it can be sharp.  It will usually last anywhere from 1-3 days.  I convinced myself that it was just pain from ovulating since it would usually happen around that time. I know I should have gotten it checked out a long time ago, but I sometimes get so scared that it is something so serious I'm not going to like what I hear so it's better I just didn't know.  Silly, I know.
I started getting the pain yesterday, and I'm pretty sure I ovulated last week already.  I did notice some discharge though about 3 days ago, like the kind you get around ovulation. It also ALWAYS happens on the right side, never the left.
I have an appointment with my doctor soon so I will bring up this issue to him, but for now I'm hoping to get more ideas on what this could be?

Additional info: I may have had an ectopic pregnancy last year.  I say may because I'm not sure myself.  I was about 6 weeks pregnant before I had a miscarriage.  About a week after I started have a very very sharp pain on the same side of my abdomen that I'm getting pain in now.  It was so painful it brought me to tears.  I went to the hospital and they did an ultrasound and found a little mass.  They weren't sure if I had an ectopic pregnancy or if it was a cyst.  I had an option to have surgery to see if it was a cyst and they could have taken it out, or get an injection that would break down the mass if I did in fact have an ectopic pregnancy that just didn't pass.  I went wit the injection and a few days later the pain started to go away, so I guessed it was just an ectopic pregnancy, but I'll never really know for sure.  Could there be a link to this in some way? I was getting the pain before my miscarriage though, but never had that sever pain before.  Could getting pregnant cause something to flare up?

Thank you.

Hi honey! Due to the fact that you can equate the pain to a certain time period it is probably from the "etopic or mass" BUT I am pretty sure that this pain you have IS ovulation! We usually ovulate the same time each month - that is IF everything is OK and our periods don't go up and down! I was NEVER regular I would be 29 -33 days so I would never know from month to month! And BOY my left side would cripple me! And when I got pregnant with both my boys interestingly enough they were from my left ovary! So I am 99% sure it's ovulation! Just so you know IF you are a 28 day girl you will ovulate 14 days before you next period! If you are longer then you ovulate 14 days before your next period! So does that change anything with that information!? It is still good to get a check up by your doctor - and don't worry it's not serious as the pain would have DEFINITELY increased!

Thank you for your quickly reply!
My periods are not regular all the time. For the last 3 months I've had a cycle of 27 days, but last month it was 28.  I would say my average cycle is 27-29 days. My last period was on April 26, so I'm pretty sure I would have ovulated sometime last week which is why this is starting to concern me. 
But I guess if it is just me ovulating, then I it was just a bit late.  The pain is all gone today. I guess the pain would have increased if it was serious, but it's always been the same, thanks for putting my mind at ease a bit.

I STILL think it's a good idea for you to have an internal vaginal ultrasound! Just to make sure the tube is OK, and also your ovary! I just want them to make sure there is no obstruction in the tube - because when you do get pregnant this could be dangerous for you - as it would impeed the egg! It's ALWAYS a good idea to get a check up especially after you have had a "trauma" to the area!