My left ear keeps randomly feeling like it's reverberating or vibrating on the inside of the ear. It's very inconsistent, i have noticed it for a while, but it's usually 1-2 times a day, right now it won't stop for more than a couple of minutes. I'm in a completely quiet room so it's not triggered by noise. I use a headset in that ear quite often, and i'm thinking maybe it became infected, but i really have no idea. Any help would be appreciated.

Brain aneurysm, acoustic neuroma, and arteriovenous malformation are three conditions that can cause tinnitus, usually on one side. See a ear-nose-throat specialist for a definitive diagnosis.

I've had the problem for just a little over a month now and I've seen a not-so-helpful ENT doctor to have it diagnosed - can I still have this problem fixed?

There are a lot of stories from a lot of people who complain about the ear problems from the headset or earphones. The thing with them is if they don’t match your ear anatomy it will cause you irritation and having this irritation with loud sound doesn’t give you comfort at all. Are you still using the headset? The ear infection is also possible, and if the headset is dirty wearing it all the time almost gives you no chance to avoid the ear infection. In my opinion you can try to use some antibiotics to get rid of the infection. Do you have ear pain? Sometimes this pain can get to your jaw and even neck.

Good luck,
Danella

I too have this. I have something called eustachion tube disfunction. What happens is the inner ear and outside ear pressure do not equalize effectively. The ET is trying to open or close but it's having a hard time so its basically reverberating back and forth. I usually take an allergy medicine or nose spray. It's something you get used to. It's nothing life threatening.