I am having high readings at night, well, I am type 2 diabetic but I am pregnant.  Should I be getting high readings already this early in the game?  This worries me. 

It is possible that your pregnancy hormones are to blame.  You should try to exercise more and adjust your diet if you haven't already.  If that doesn't help your sugars, you should talk to your doctor about your uncontrolled blood sugars and see if you may need medication to help you get them back under control. The medicine that he will prescribe will be safe to take while being pregnant.  You are better off to get your numbers back down for your health and the baby's.

Everything goes to pot when you are pregnant…lol.  Hormones make you sick (morning sick), swell up, messes up your skin, makes you ache….   And of course, messes up your blood sugar.  I went through the same thing, sista.  And I had to start medication to try and control my blood sugars, which helped for a little while.  Then around my 34 week I had to start on insulin to get my blood sugars down.  Oh the joy…  so I did finally have my baby without problems, thank goodness. Also my blood sugars started to level off to where I didn’t need anymore insulin or medication.  YAH!  So hang in there… you may not have to do more than change your diet a bit and exercise to help your blood sugars.  IF you do have to take medication or insulin, don’t sweat it.  After the baby is born, you’ll go back to the way you were before getting pregnant.  I know I did and I am doing fine… I am still able to watch my diet and do my exercise to control it, so it’s all good!