I am getting really frustrated about my blood sugars and I am about to give up trying.  I am trying to adhere to the diet that my dietician gave me to follow and I have stocked my pantry and refrigerator with all the right kinds of foods.  I have been working really hard to follow the diet and everything I am supposed to do.  I have been doing my blood sugar readings and they are all over the place.  I could be at 90-something in the morning and be at 179 by mid-morning.  Then I could drop again to the 90s again later in the day and jump back up to the 180s by supper.  What could be causing this?  I have tried cutting carbs to see if that helps but things seem to get worse when I do that.  What else is there to do other than starve myself?  I don't feel like I eat enough as it is.  I am very tired and fatigued a lot of the time because I don't feel like I eat enough; my stomach is growling right now.  Any advice?

Don't cut your carbs, because this will not help your blood sugars.  Your liver has glucose stores and if it senses that you are low in glucose, it will dump its stores into your bloodstream.  You will even higher blood sugars than if you just ate your allotted carbs for the meal.  If you are adhering to the diabetic meals and still having a hard time with BG regulation, you may need to talk to your doctor.  Your doctor will put you on a oral diabetic medication to help your pancreas put out more insulin.  This should help your hyperglycemia. 

I see that you are trying to cut carbs. Don't do that, you need them. Your body can't function without carbohydrates.