i am a teen who has never had sexual intercourse. i have lately had some signs of pregnancy such as tender breasts, backaches, frequent urination, and bloating. I started my period not to long ago, so i dont know the cycle yet. My period is a few weeks late, can i be pregnant? are these signs of pregnancy or just an upcoming period? please help and what can i do?

Hi dear

There is NO way you can be pregnant. Those are all signs of PMS. Except for the urination. That can be due from a smaller bladder (which I have) or from drinking alot of fluids.

i am a teen who is not sexually active. Lately i have been having some weird symptoms of pregnancy such as- frequent urination, sore breasts, bloating and fatigue. I also have noticed some symptoms of a urinary tract infection such as urgent urination but less urination, back and side pain, swelling, and some itching or burning. I feel very different and i am not sure if this is from pregnancy. I know i havent had sexual intercourse, but i have missed my period and i am very confused. What is going on? Could i have some advice? and what can i do??? please help

I'm unaware of your education in regards to sexual health, however, you need to understand that there is absolutely no way that you could be pregnant.

Without trying to pry, I'm just going to point out that even if you have not had INTERCOURSE but you are sexually active in other ways (oral etc) you STILL would not be pregnant.

I work with a public health nurse in the Peel Region and as a youth ambassador I get a lot of questions regarding oral sex.. If you are skeptical about being pregnant because you are sexually active in other ways and may have swallowed the semen, this still could in no way shape or form lead to pregnancy.

You said you just recently started your period-- this means that you are probably unfamiliar with the ups and downs associated with being at this stage of your "womanhood". The feelings are new, and it's pretty normal to be freaked out.

If your period continues to be irregular and you experience severe cramps, bloating etc.. you might want to ask your doctor about going on birth control, as it helps regulate these symptoms.

Then you should also be aware that if any semen gets inside the vagina there is a risk of pregnancy. You don't have to have intercourse to get prego, but the chances of you getting pregnant without intercourse are slim...NOT impossible.

I have never had sex or messed with a boy in my life but I just got my first period and I've been waiting for 1 and a half months for the second one. I'm having weird signs of pregnancy like cramps, frequent urination, stomach hurting when I press on it but most of all brown stringy discharge that I have had for 2 days! Please help I'm really scared.

I've been waiting for the 2nd one

Well Since you never did any sort of intercourse it definitely is not that. If i were you i would talk with your mother and ask her to take you to a doctor

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Ok so I'm throwing up and have symptoms of pregnancy but never had sexual interactions. Am I pregnant

I'm scared I have never had any sexual intercoarse and also have never had a period. I have been searching online about symptoms and I have all of them but missed periods

Ok so I have never had sex , have had my period for a while now and have symptoms of pregnancy like cramps, stomach pain, tender breasts and some blotting I don't know what to do does anyone have any ideas on what to do.

Im a teen, and i have never had any sexual intercourse, im having symptoms like tender and swollen breast and bad stomach ache and my period is off balance, am i pregnant!? Plz help im so scared

Sometimes when you first get your period you get really dark discharge. It is normal

don't worry I've had this happen to me too I got really scared and stressed but everything turned out fine :) I know it's scary I even thought about running away then I realized thats stupid so I asked my mom and she said I'm stressing myself out to much she said it might ust be mind over matter like you think your pregnant and your body starts acting like it

Don't freak out! There's no way your pregnant if you never had sexual intercourse of semen in contact with your vagina. I go through the same thing's but this could also mean your stressed out it's nothing to worry about.