Before I was diagnosed with endometriosis 4 years ago I was in such an agony. I had problems during both ovulation and periods like low back and pelvic pain, I suffered from constipation, was in awful pains during bowel movements, and above all developed hemorrhoids from straining. My periods were so heavy that I had to lie in bad for three days. First time I asked for helped, a doc signed me up for laparoscopy and later on diagnosed with endometriosis. I have been on birth control ever since but the thing is that I am planning to have children, at least I would want to. What are my chances with this disease? Thank you in advance

I suppose that you are aware of the possible infertility problems you may experience due to endometriosis. Your chances depend on the severity of the endometriosis. What you need to do is work closely with your doctor. Infertility is likely to occur if the lining tissue blocks Fallopian tubes. You may undergo laparoscopy again in order to determine the location, and the size of growths. She may also use laparoscopy to get rid of the lining tissue. So, I can’t say what your chances are because I have no insight into your medical history and condition. If your fertility is impaired, you may need to undergo a fertility treatment. You need to realize that this may be a long way, that you will probably need a lot of patience, and support.

Rubina
I am mrried and have two children having age 9 years and 5 years. I was diagnosed with endometriosis 2 months ago. I had problem from the last 10 years during both ovulation and periods like low back and pelvic pain, I suffered from constipation, was in awful pains during bowel movements, My periods were so heavy that I had to lie in bad for three days. First time I asked for helped, a doc signed me up for laparoscopy and later on diagnosed with endometriosis. My doctor prescribed me birth control tablets for the treatment of endometriosis. she says when u want to become pregnant u should stop the medicines. I did not start the medicines as i come to know the side effects of birth control medicines. kindly advise me what should i do.

I know that we are supposed to suffer heavy infertility problems with endo but after a surgery and right before what was supposed to be another one, i got pregnant and am now. it is all moving along very well so far and has alleviated ALL of my symptoms. i have a pretty advanced case, so there is definitely hope. hang in there.

Although I am a young mom I was diagnosed with Endo 10 years ago and told I would never have kids. I got married and hurt my back during a race and starting seeing a chiropractor. He asked my full history and I told him about the endo...he started treating me for the endo as well as another problem and 3 months later He was the first person I told that I was preg. I now have a gorgeous 18 month old daughter named Anabelle and had a picture perfect pregnancy! I advise seeking chiropractic help but researching the DR to make sure they know about endo/fertility problems. and that they specialize in them! Good Luck to you all!