I was recently informed by someone who knows what she is talking about that horses can get narcolepsy too! I would never have known this if it were not for her, but I would now appreciate some additional info. So, just how do they treat horses who have narcolepsy? Is it dangerous to ride a horse with narcolepsy?

i have a horse with it.

From what I have read, the condition varies from mild to severe.  I ride my narcoleptic 13 y.o. TB in the ring and have trail-ridden him frequently as well for several years now (including cross country- full gallop); no issues except sometimes when I dismount and untack.  The issue it seems has to do more with the level of activity of the horse, coupled with the severity of the condition.  In my case, it's mild.  Treatments seem to carry the potential risk of colic, so understand the level of the condition before you consider possible treatments.  I recommend that you do a search for 'equine narcolepsy treatment' and get more detail from the medical professionals.