I found out today that my basal metabolic rate = 1296 calories

I can eat that in one sitting!!

Is that low or high?
How did you find that out?

What does that mean? Is that the amount of calories that you would burn a day with no activity?

yes, if I didn't exercise, this is the amount of calories needed to maintain my weight, any more and I'd gain.

Is that low or high? How did you find that out?
I think it's low, I thought it'd be like 1600 At the race expo, a booth had the new Tanita scale that has more readings that just body fat %

Runaround, years ago a racehorse trainer friend was having quite a bit of success around some of the provincial tracks. During the 50's he was also a medalist at international level (Commonwealth Games) in cycling.
I remember asking him about training, both horses and personal, he told me "Phar lap, feed them twice as much, work them twice as hard"

Exercise or move at all. Thats the calories you'd need to be bed ridden and maintain your weight, so I understand it. I do wonder how accurate that scale is for that number....

:) now we're talking!!!!

I need to run too. although i don't know my rates.

Have you tried standing instead?

Time for ultras!!! :banana:

Yea baby!!!

one will burn more calories standing as opposed to sitting