I'm looking for some info on narcolepsy. I know that all narcolepsy patients are at risk of falling asleep just about anywhere and at any time. But what I would like to know is whether not being able to wake up is also a possible symptom of narcolepsy? Please get in touch if you know anything about this.

I know this is a bit old and I'm sure you have found your answer, but I firsthand deal with this problem and am Narcoleptic. I have had two sleeping studies and both MSLTs have shown it. I have been this way all of my life and eventually went on disability because of it.

I am a narcoleptic...
basically Narcolepsy is where the part of the brain that regulates sleep stages doesn't function properly. It means your sleep is very erratic and rarely helpful.
You wake, not because you're refreshed, but almost because a part of your brain says, "if that much sleep didn't help, I don't know what will".
Problem is that another part of your brain says, "but I'm still tired, let me sleep."
So there is a constant war between these two. When you are sedentary, the latter says, "well It's been a while and we're not doing anything right now, so how about we have a nap?" Of course, this "sedentary" could be while sitting in the car going 110 on a free-way.

I don't know of any narcoleptic being unable to wake up; on the contrary it seems that consciousness in dreams and control of waking is available to the level of becoming a nuisance in itself (thinking the phrase "I must not wake up" gets interpreted by the brain as "wake up", and so you wake up prematurely, exacerbating the whole problem)

Obesity, is often associated with narcolepsy, but other than that effects are confined to the extreme inconvenience of uncontrollable sleeping.
But if you think about what it would be like to experience a period of sudden sleep while driving, or a period of automatic behavior during a timed test which produced written answers that made no sense, and then imagine facing those challenges on a daily basis, you'll have some faint idea of the hardships narcoleptics undergo.