I know some of this can be a confidence issue and/or performance anxiety, but can wearing spandex shorts for most of the day everyday make it more difficult to get an erection? Because lately, I've had many of opportunities to have intercourse, but lately, it has been extremely difficult to get an erection. I am still fairly young, so I'm trying to rule out erectile dysfunction, but I just don't know what else it could be. Sometimes I can get an erection during foreplay, but when it comes time to it, I lose the erection. Masturbation isn't too much of a problem, it just comes down to the time of the act of intercourse. Would anxiety medicine help any? I mean, I could use it in general because of my anxiety, but I just don't know what to do or think. Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.

My boyfriend has the same problem. This all new coming to him. He has overly working himself past couple weeks and hasn't had much sleep this could be a reason.

Look, the erectile problems happen when a boy can't get or keep an erection during the intercourse. In some cases, he is not able to get an erection at all, which is frustrating. Or, you may lose the erection during intercourse before you both are ready. But you need to know that this is all related and connected because to get an erection, everything in your body and in your body works - your brain, nerves, hormones, and blood vessels. They all  need to work together to accomplish this. Sometimes, boys cannot control all of those. This all can lead to erectile problems and sometimes, and it requires a talking to someone who is an expert. A doctor may suggest you some medicines or even a natural treatment for erectile dysfunction, it all depends on which stage of the problem the person is.