I have been diagnosed with perioral dermatitis. But I have had this circular rash around my mouth for a while. Few months ago I was battling severe eczema and finally after being on prednisone, topical steroid creams and antibiotics, I chose to see a naturopath. I finished a course of diflucan and altered my diet. After, my eczema is improved, however, the acne and perioral dermatitis continue to be a problem. The problem is that I cannot do oral antibiotics as this would be counter-productive to what I am trying to do with yeast. Is there any other solution? Someone told me about Erythromycin gel. Is that effective? Did anyone use it?

I used the topical Erythromycin gel. Even though the bumps and redness started disappearing within a few days I feel that it was because the topical Erythromycin gel was fighting it off at the same time the Erythromycin tablets were. My tablet prescription was for a full month. I think that you have to finish all medication just as you do with any antibiotic. The very first time I had to visit my doctor, he told me to use a cortisone cream while waiting for my appointment to the dermatologist. This angered my dermatologist because he said that cortisone only aggravates it even more. I think that you should ask for a second opinion. I think that it can be noire helpful.