I have a history of diagnosed psoriasis (mild) with a quarter sized patch on my left shin, sebbhoric dermatitis in my scalp which itches and flakes bad enough to annoy me and affects parts of my face, AND NOW, very similar symptoms on the ball sac, groin, and rectal area that has recently intensified to VERY aggravating proportions!! The itch factor on a scale of 1-10 is a 10 and I've been applying Gold Bond Medicated Cream as a soothing agent for approximately 2 weeks now. No one told me to use this, but it's the only thing that soothes the itch... The strange thing is that the very 1 st thing itchy to appear on my body was a dime siztext itchy tender patch under my right testicle when I was in junior high school some 35 years ago... Even before I was sexually active (17)!! So I never believed what I had was an std. however, the condition moved around a bit under the ball sac over the years in varying levels of itch And size even affecting the penis. It would flake on the penis and during masturbation would come off and using moisturizers and prescribed steroid creams would come and go... my doctors would always attribute the condition to the psoriasis. It was until this past year that my condition on the butt crack and groin has gotten extremely bad to the point of making me really worried. I cant help irritating it because of going #2 and the wiping process puts me in a near trance using a wet wipe to get any and all debris but then turns into actually itching with the wet wipe... After I catch myself and stop I then apply the soothing agent cream. Yesterday I was perscribed triamcinolone another steroid cream. Hopefully this works... So yeah sounds like we got similar symptoms and concerns. My girlfriend of 1.5yrs has no symptoms of groin rash or vaginal itch to speak of, but I have seen her deal w a cold sore before and we didn't have sex during that outbreak... Occasionally I get a little bump on the inside of my mouth, nothing there that makes me think I have herpes... But who knows maybe i am carrying it? My doctor has not diagnosed me with it.. Perhaps I need a second opinion....  is my groin condition a psoriasis thing or an STD??  Any thoughts??  Thanks in advance for your input.

Just want to say it is probably psoriasis, i have it too, in exacly the same place.

I use zincoxide créme on it, it doesn't dissapear completely though.I have it for about 6 years, with créme and lotion i keep it manageble.Just make sure you keep moisturizing your skin, try different things until you find an option that works for you.

psoriasis always reacts differently on other peoples body

I doubt it's an STD. I have the same crack problem! It gets worse in winter and then appears around my waistline too. My dermatologist thinks it's eczema--and I used to have perioral dermatitis and still have seborrhea on my scalp. It sucks, but it's nothing serious, except seriously annoying! Buy yourself a tub of Aquafor and use it after you wipe and wash and after putting any ointments on. It should at least keep it calm. Good luck!!

If your itch is a ten out of ten and you have red bumps all over your balls and penis and scalp and everywhere you might have scabies. I had it and it was a b***h to get rid of. I hope you dont have it though