Hi, I`m a 21 years old girl with an awful looking rash – small, red, itching bumps all around my mouth. So, I went to a dermatologist and end up with perioral dermatits. He said that medicated cream that I was applying on my face was probably the cause of PD. But, the things got out of control. He gave me a corticosteroid cream, but the rash came back looking worse than before the treatment (if that is actually possible). Is there any other kind of treatment? Anybody with experience?

Hi, no worries, had perioral dermatitis too, on my nose and down to mouth, but didn`t use almost anything to solve the problem, but topical antibiotic cream. So, PD was there on my face for a few months and then the rash has simply disappeared on its own. I know PD is not dangerous, also. With treatment, your condition may recur for a few times, and within two months you should be fine. Also, hormones and stress may aggravate the situation. And keep out of the sun. Perioral dermatitis just looks ugly, but it`s only a skin condition, not some mean disease.

I've had pd a few times since I was 13 and it was really annoying. The thing that really helped me the last time a had it (a year ago) was Bach Flower Essence Rescue Cream. I don't really know why this worked, but it cured recurring my pd in 2 days. I also cut out laurel sulfates which seemed to help, but the flower cream really really stopped the rash. The cream is inexpensive and you can get it at most heathfood stores -- hopefully it might help someone else.