I am 27 years old, female. I am having those tiny bumps around my mouth and I felt very uncomfortable burning sensation around it. I was recently diagnosed with Perioral dermatitis. What is usual treatment for Perioral dermatitis? Can I use steroid creams or any other topical cure as treatment?

Generally, steroid creams should not be used to treat Perioral dermatitis, because of the side effects. It is most possible that your physician will chose to treat these lesions with other topical medications, such as metronidazole, erythromycin, benzoyl peroxide, tacrolimus, or pimecrolimus.

I am also 27 and have had perioral dermaitius for years, small red bumps around mouth and up to my nose area they tend to flare up and sometimes burst. I have had great success with switching to a non floride toothpaste (toms of maine has a few), and when it flares up some balmex cream (yep baby rash cream! its the zinc) helps soothe and calm the bumbs. DO NOT use a steroid cream it will irritate the condition. I also only clean my face with Cetaphyl cleanser. Other products can irritate the condition...good luck!