I have suffered from excema/psoriasis/dermatitis on my face and hands for 25yrs. After being prescribed cortisone creams and using them for most that time I have come to the conclusion they do not work. I have not used them for 2 yrs and even though my skin does break out extremely at times, I find I have to detox the body and not rely on topical ointments or creams.
Today I am trying acupuncture and Chinese herbs again. I did this many years ago and got almost instant success but at the time could not afford repeat visits. Now I am trying again. I don't think anyone with this condition should ever use cortisone creams. My skin is now thin and never heals completely even at its best. I know it is the creams that have done this because my other fingers have perfect skin.
This condition has limited my work as I am a hairdresser and massage therapist. I try to limit contact with hair products. I never use soaps. I got a skin patch test to see what I was allergic to. That helps me avoid certain things.
I bathe in MMS -either in bath or just put hands in bowl and splash on face. ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed This dries out the skin but eventually heals it well. Also drinking MMS kills bacteria, viruses, germs, funguses and moulds from within and all this helps eczema/psoriasis/dermatitis.
I think if one can do a food elimination study with a nutritionist that can help too.
We need to know what to avoid. I cannot touch rubber products or mould for example.
SO once again dont use cortisone creams. Look within. We are all too lazy and dependant on quick fixes!!
Anyone got ideas for complimentary or alternative therapies for this condition?
I am including my blog to illustrate how bad my hands can get ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I heard that Alkaline water helps really well. And try eating healthy food.

Detox and cleanse your colon, then kidneys, then liver and you will get long lasting results. Also important to populate your intestinal area with healthy bacteria from fermented vegetables if you have ever taken antibiotics. Fermented veggies are superior to robotic pills, liquids, or capsules and cheaper too!