I am 18 years old girl, and last few days I have noticed there is something strange with me down there. I saw excess discharge that I didn’t get used to. I wonder if that could be some sexual transmitted disease. Or it is just some bacterial infection because I get cold about month ago. Should I visit my gynecologist immediately because of this or that will pass away soon?

You didn’t mention if there are any other symptoms beside excess discharge, such as itchiness and soreness. That could be sign of infection, but anyway, it is quite normally and healthy for women to have a vaginal discharge. I don’t know what excess means to you, but some of discharge is normal. Quantity and color of this discharge are changed during menstrual cycle, sexual excitement and pregnancy. Infection is possible if there is excess discharge that is thick and white, green and foul-smelling. Also blood stained suggests possible infection too. Foreign body, such as forgotten tampon can also cause infection and excess discharge. If you doubt of some STD, you should visit your gynecologist, especially if there is itching or some of the other symptoms that I wrote here. Doctor will make examination of the outer genital skin and the inner vaginal lining. Maybe he will use speculum or swab to take sample of discharge. Then he will send it to a laboratory for analysis which is the only way you can be sure what caused excess discharge.

I had sex 2 days after my period and its been two weeks since and now I have been discharging a brown substance from my vaginal area,Could that mean I am pregnant?