Hi, I have noticed lately that my face is sweating excessively, even when it is not hot and I am not doing any physical activity. What could be the reason for this?

Hi, it seems to me like you suffer from hyperhidrosis. That is a condition in which the body sweats excessively and inappropriately. It appears that there is no logical explanation for this sweating. It can even be so profuse as to complicate the sufferer's routine activities, since wetness is produced all the time. Medical conditions such thyrotoxicosis or carcinoid syndrome are characterized by excessive sweating, so if your symptoms persist you need to do more profound investigations. Hyperhidrosis patients have difficulties handling paper at work, using keyboards, holding on to sports equipment, and embarrassment in shaking hands.

Have you been screened for diabetes? You should have your blood A1C level checked. It should be below 6. Your doctor will know what to do with the outcome. The sweating comes with diabetes, in some people. You may notice your body heat is usually cool to cold, even when your head areas are sweating. Another sign of diabetes.