I've been searching for symptoms for both (External Hemorrhoids and Anus Cancer) and It seems to me that they are pretty similar when it comes to symptoms. Are there any symptoms that can rule out one or the other? I'm freaking out it may be anal cancer, since I've been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks for a year and when something is happening to my body or health condition I always think of the worst.

To what I've read It is more likely for me to have hemorrhoids. I have soft lumps around my anus, when I touch them it feels like they're filled with pus, like the same pus lumps you have when you burn yourself with a cigarette (can't explain them better ). I think they were itchy at start ( for a one week or so), I've also had a blood on the toilet paper (happened only 2-3 times) when I wiped out but only like small dots not huge amount of blood. But that was almost 2 months ago, and now I don't feel any itching or getting blood when I wipe out, but the "pus lumps" are still there... For the past 2 days my stomach is bloated most of the day, and I read that it could be a part of anus cancer, however It can be another 5000 reasons why my stomach is bloated, right? I also do experienced some kind of discomfort when I sit.

But I'm full of anxiety so a small stomach bloating can cause to freak out. I'm 21 years old and yes I'm a smoker (5-7 cigarettes per day).

What do you think? Hemorrhoids or ... ? I'm too scared and embarrassed to see a doctor...

Let me know. Thank you

Hi Zovacbo,

Hemorrhoids are more likely, especially at your age.  See your doctor, you need an examination but it will help reduce your anxiety.

I'm experiencing cramps and gases today, I'm freaked out... Is there anything that can separate the out from the other?

Thanks...

To add up, the lump is pea size, dark purple and it's at the ending of the anus.

If your lumps are dark purple, they are undoubtedly hemorrhoids. They are purple because they are engorged with blood and/or blood clots. they don't have to be painful to be hemorrhoids. Anal cancer is essentially a skin cancer that is commonly associated with the HPV virus. The fact that you smoke does not automatically qualify you for cancer. You are still young. Even if you are a receiver of anal sex and have contracted the HPV virus in some way, that still does not gaurantee that you have cancer. The images of anal cancer that I have seen resemble lessions like normal skin cancer. Your biggest problem is your hypochondria. I dealt with it for many years as well. You need to relax. I have also dealt with 'roids for 16 years. Yes, 'roids are pinkish-red to a dark purple. Sometimes soft and mushy, sometimes hard as a lima bean. Sometimes small as a pea, sometimes big as a grape. Sometimes mildly itchy, sometimes horrible burning. For your peace of mind, go get them checked out by a colo-rectal surgeon or at least a family doctor. Relax and breathe.

Plus, your cramps and bloating are probably related to your stress. Once I learned to manage my anxieties and stress, my abdominal pains decreased a lot. Your mind is wreaking havoc on your body.