Hi, it seems that I have a problem with my eyes. My eyelids are sore and my eyes itch. Sometimes my vision is blurred and the eyelashes are glued together. I have tried rinsing the eyes with chamomile tea. It did help, but only for a while. The eyelids would soon get sore again. What could be wrong with my eyelids? This condition is very frustrating.

Hello, the eyelid inflammation is the condition that is consistent with the symptoms you are experiencing. The cause of this illness can be a bacterial infection or an allergic reaction. Since you do not have yellow or green colored discharge from the eyes, origin of your inflammation is an allergic reaction. You should go to see an ophthalmologist because it seems that the inflammation in your case is very persistent. The longer you wait the chances that your vision will be damaged are greater. Beside the therapy your doctor will prescribe you, you should continue with the house treatment. Instead of rinsing your eyes with chamomile tea, use worm compresses for ten to twenty minutes few times a day. It is very important that you do not scratch or rub your eyes.