Hello! I am 14, female. All my friends already have zits and are “ crying” over it. I still haven’t developed any but I would like to know what actually causes skin problems in the face area and what can be done to prevent them? Thanx

Hi! You may consider yourself lucky with not having any zits. I started my zit period when I was 12. Talk about a disaster!!! What causes skin problems are usually bad nutrition, lack of healthy blood and inappropriate cleansing. As for food, it is white flour, sugar and products made with them, tea, coffee, and soft drinks that contribute to skin problems. Besides food, you should know that there are always some dirt and dust particles can hide in the pores of the skin and clog sweat and sebaceous glands. Proper cleansing is very important in keep the face healthy. I happen to have some tips for you. These are some natural recipes for keeping your skin clean. Lime Juice Formula- Squeeze lime into a bowl. Add a glass of boiled whole milk and a teaspoon of glycerin to it. Stir well and leave it for half an hour. Apply this mixture on the face before going to bed at night. This can also help cure pimples. Peach Treatment-Gently massage the inside of peach peelings on the face every night for a few minutes. Don't rub off the moisture afterwards. This will cleanse the skin thoroughly and free the pores. Cleansing Lotion-To one-fourth teaspoon of lime juice stir in one teaspoon each of milk and cucumber juice. Apply on the face and wash off after 14 minutes. This lotion cleanses and purifies the pores of the skin.