Hi! My little daughter have facial mole. I very afraid that he can change and become cancer. I notice that mole is darker. Please tell me everything you know about facial moles.

Hi! Facial moles are probably are determined before a person is born. Some may not appear until later in life, but moles that appear after age 50 should be regarded with suspicion. Moles may darken, which can happen after exposure to the sun, pregnancy and sometimes during therapy with certain steroid drugs. There is little risk of melanoma cancer developing in these moles. Atypical mole is larger than common moles, with borders that are irregular and poorly defined. Atypical moles also vary in color, ranging from tan to dark brown shades on a pink background. They have irregular borders that may include notches. I advice take a daughter to doctor.