Hello

i'm 20 yrs old and have had pretty clear skin up until about 2 months ago when all of a sudden i got patches of red spots on both of my cheeks on my face. My diet, daily routine, beauty products i use have not changed and  my forehead, nose and chin are all completely clear. It is just 2 identical patches on both cheeks that are driving me insane! Often when i wake up they will itch, most of the spots never come to a head, my cheeks always look flushed, the patches are very dry, however i do not want to put moisturiser on my face as this makes them sting and i don't want to irritate them more. Please help!

Thanks

Well there are a few possibilities.

1. You have dry skin due to the weather/changes. If you're afraid of pain from typical moisturizers, try an all natural approach. I would suggest putting some olive oil on a cotton ball and dabbing it on the patches of dry skin. It may sting a little, but it should only last a little while. You can also use coconut oil or almond oil. These oils are amazing for the skin.

2. You could be having an allergic reaction to something you are eating/wearing. Sometimes, our skin can become irritated after using the same cosmetics over and over again. It can create an irritant over the years. Go a few days without makeup and see if the redness and itching decreases. If not, then it's probably not your makeup.

3. If you can think of anything you have eating recently that has been different in your diet, try cutting out one thing at a time to see what it is that could be affecting your skin. Your body can become allergic to some foods over time, even you have been eating them most of your life.

If none of these methods help, i would suggest seeing a dermatologist.

- Take care <3