I always was scared when I was a little kid - I was scared of anything. This hasn't changed at all. But now, my fears are taking a control over my life. I can't go anywhere alone anymore because I have feeling that someone is chasing me, that someone is following me all the time.

Whenever I turn around, of course no one is there but I am still scared. And no one is never there! What is going on with me? What this is? Do you have an irrational fear of being followed? Is that paranoia? 

Any way to cope with it?

I never had this fear but I have heard that it can be really bad. It cannot be nice when you feel that someone is after you all the time, right? Yes, this definitely is paranoia. That is why it is very important to consult someone who is an expert because according to your symptoms, that is it.

I am a little surprised because this lasts for a lot of years it seems, and you still haven't done anything about this? Don't get me wrong, but you should really seek for some mental help as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Don't judge me please. I really had very hard period of my life while this happens to me. I didn't consult anyone because I didn't believe that this is something that serious, I believed that this is just my childish fear and it will go away. But it is still there. I remember that one day I had that feeling that someone is behind my back. I started to run and people were looking at me like I am crazy. That day I called a psychiatrist and I really wanted to go to talk to him, but he told me that he can receive me tomorrow. But I needed to go immediately, I needed him in that moment and he was not available. So, I never went to see him. I believed that I can face those fears on my own.

That was a wrong move. You should see him the next day and tell him your problems. I am sure that, until now, you would get a proper help. 

This also could be caused by some post traumatic stress disorder from the past. You need to remember did you had something in your life that could cause a stress for you, because you probably have that fear because something is going on or because something was going on. My good friend has this as well and she called a police, telling them that someone is after her. And no one was there. 

That is why you need a help to face your current fears. 

I don't know how do things work when you are trying to fight paranoia but I am almost sure that you should be seeing a psychologist or a psychiatrist (I think that psychologist should be better for the start). If you have an irrational fear of being followed, then you are definitely suffering from paranoia. I don't think that you will ever be able to treat this completely, these paranoid thoughts will keep coming to you but you can learn how to not pay attention to these thoughts and how to simply drive them away, almost the same like you completely got over paranoia.

The person above me is right, you are more likely to learn how to cope with this than to overcome it, but even after learning about how to cope with it your life won't become too much easier than it is now, it is a constant struggle, I'm afraid.

I don't have this fear but I knew one person who had it. It was fun when I first heard about this but when I actually saw this person talk and how she behaved, I felt kind of sorry for her, I realized that this was making her more trouble than I could have ever imagined.

This happened to me actually but I don't find it scary at all, I somehow learned alone how to fight it and cope with it, I never talked to anyone about it, I just managed to do it on my own, people often tell me that I am smart anyway, maybe because of that. It doesn't happen that often to me, maybe couple of times a week, out of nowhere, but I tell myself that it is not real and that I am not right, that my brain is playing tricks on me and these thoughts just go away, that's all.

I am jealous of you, I am struggling with paranoia as well and I cannot do anything in order to feel better. I found some different techniques online and none of these seemed to help me, I don't think that I am not trying hard, I am doing my best but it is just not working. I didn't try to talk to a psychologist yet but I assume that I will have to do it in the upcoming days if I want to get better because nothing else seems to be working for me, you have to be a unique case.