Hi! My problem is fainting and chocking after eating. It happened sudden, I am afraid that I have some serious health problem. Please tell me something more. Is there some treatment?

Hi! You probably had vasovagal syncope. This is not a serious or life threatening condition, but in effect an abnormal reflex. You probably had a drop in blood pressure that is leading to decreased blood flow to the brain resulting in dizziness or fainting. You should tell your doctor what happened to you, hearing your description of the symptoms you is most important to make diagnosis. Most patients are significantly improved with lifestyle measures, which are always tried first. Your doctor will explain what lifestyle measures you need.

Hallo,
This is very interesting condition. Do you have this problem after every meal? Have you noticed any patterns such as food that you eat or drinks that you drink during your meal? All this sounds to me like allergic reaction. However this can also be caused by some physical abnormality in your throat. In my opinion you need to see a doctor and to run an allergy test and see if you are allergic to anything. If the allergy test is clean than your doctors needs to check your throat and your gastric tract as well. Try to watch what you eat and maybe you can write down your daily meals to mark out the things that don’t cause this problem.