About a week ago [I think about 5 days] I noticed a small lump on the knuckle of my right index finger. I thought it was maybe a writing lump [I hold my pen incorrectly] but then a similar one grew on my left hand, on the index finger, and the one on my right hand grew almost overnight. It is now about a centimetre long, half a centimetre wide and three quarters of a centimeter high. The one on my left index finger is about a quarter of a centimetre high, wide and tall. I also have a lump on the side of my right middle finger, by the knuckle. It is harder than the afore mentioned lumps, and since I discovered it yesterday, has doubled in size. I have a similar lump on my right index finger, in about the same place but a bit higher up. I have a small lump, similar to the second one I mentioned but very small. They tend to appear overnight, and grow very rapidly. I have no idea what they could be; I've researched it and I can't find any answers. They're all skin-coloured and not at all painful. Could it be water-retention? I'm 14, and I'm not in contact with cigarette smoke if that is relevant. Thanks.

probably bed bugs or aphids . . . make sure you wash your sheets and covers and steam clean your bed with a steaming machine. like one of thoose steam irons.

don't suppose it looks like a wart or thistle?

I have had the same problem. They are like a wart. My dermatologist burned them off. They may reappear, however.