I have a question. I have a problem that both, puzzles me and worries me. I have been using Treadmill for six months. It appears that I managed to trim down fat. But my waistline has gone up. How is that possible? I almost starved myself and worked out religiously for six months. My weight has gone down but my waistline is up. I am confused.

Well what has happened to you happens to many people. You noticed that you had lost weight. But you didn’t lose the fat. There is a major difference between the two of them. Since you have restricted your calories drastically and over trained the result was reduced weight. But the weight lost was mostly the muscle mass. Since muscles are heavier than fat you lost weight. But your waistline has gone up. What does it mean? You lost muscle and gained fat. It is the last thing you would want to happen. That happens when you decrease your calories too low and over train. You were trying to do too much, too soon and your body backfired. I suggest you stop all of that and rest for 2-3 weeks. After that you should start lifting some weights 2-3 times a week. Some 5 days a week you should engage in a low impact aerobic activity such as walking. Eat just 200 calories less than your daily requirements. Eat plenty of protein, fresh fruits, vegetables, non fat dairy products, whole grain cereals and polyunsaturated fats such as flaxseed oil. Be patient. If you want to lose fat permanently you have to give yourself enough time.