A friend told me his problem is called fibromyalgia. He explained this is a disorder, which causes muscle pain and fatigue. I realized and asked if there were a problem because I have noticed he feels tired. He told me also that people with fibromyalgia have tender points on the body, so I want to hear if that is true. Can you tell me more about this disorder called fibromyalgia?

People with fibromyalgia have problem with these tender points, which is true. Those points are specific places on the neck, shoulders, back, hips, arms, and legs. These points hurt when pressure is put on them, as typical sign of fibromyalgia. People with fibromyalgia may also have other symptoms, such as trouble sleeping, morning stiffness, headaches, and women reported painful menstrual periods. They could also report tingling or numbness in hands and feet, and problems with thinking and memory, which is sometimes called fibro fog. Interesting is that causes of fibromyalgia are unknown, but there may be a number of factors involved. Fibromyalgia has been linked to stressful or traumatic events, such as car accidents, repetitive injuries, illness, and certain diseases.
Fibromyalgia can also occur on its own. Some scientists think that a gene or genes might be involved in occurring of this disorder known as ibromyalgia. The genes could make a person react strongly to things that other people would not report as painful.