I swallowed a large fish oil pill that got stuck in my throat. It was very painful as it felt like it was not moving at all but stuck in my throat. Drinking liquid only made the liquid get stuck to where the pill was stuck at, and I was forced to vomit and after 10 minutes, the pill finally came out with my vomit. Now it hurts to breathe (and I can only take short breathes) and my lower and right upper back are extremely sore. When I lay down, it hurts to breathe in. I also feel like my esophagus is bruised as it is painful towards the neck region to my stomach. Will the pain go away or do I need to seek additional assistance from a doctor? 

the pain may or may not go away by itself. but either way i would see a doctor. there is likely a fair amount of trauma to your esophagus and i imagine you were pretty tense with cunvulsive movement which my also have been damaging to other body systems.  were you able to breath or partialy breath when it happend? regardless if the breathing pain is making it hard to sleep you may want to talk to your doctor and ask if a CPAP device may be offer some relief, although if its temporary that may be a bit agressive

Same happened to me with a bit of peach. Extremely painful! Couldn't breathe in freely for two weeks approximately. After this time, pain and breathing problems disappeared. Doctors were of no help, they tried endoscopy and x-rays, but no use.