I am inquiring for my 20yr old daughter who lately has red peeling fingertips ~ i was wondring if it was something she is lacking in or perhaps too much of something..stress related? She isnt in contact with many cleaning products so its not dermatits..Can anyone nlighten me plz ?

Hi, I was just doing research on "red peeling fingertips" and happened on your post. My six year daughter has had this for approx. one year +. As it turns out she was in the hospital prior to this and ran around the shower and acquired athletes foot. Being young she would pick at her feet. Using socks and tea tree oil eventually worked on her feet, but her fingertips are still red and sometimes bleed. Yes, I tried the same method on her tips, using cloth gloves to no avail. I have noticed that she does do this as perhaps a nervous habit, like say nail biting. Although I just read on another website their are plenty of home remedies to try. I'm excited to see if they work. One method was 2 quarts of water to 1 cup of apple cider vinegar, soaking fingertips (or hands) for about 10-15 minutes then dry carefully and add lavender oil to the tips. Another method was using lugol's iodine, however it does stain so cloth gloves would be in order or loose bandaging. Good luck! If something works I will re-post and let you know.

JT

of my left index finger and was given Keflex 5oomg 4 times a day for 10 days. My doctor said it was cellulitis and that it should heal with the antibiotic. It gets hot from time to time so I soak it in cool water, not warm, to keep the heat down off my finger. I can't wait for the numb-tingling to go away too!