I am 18 years old and just about to go to uni, but I have a problem with my foreskin which I am too nervous to go and see a doctor about. I have always had a very tight but long foreskin which has been quite painful to pull back. When I do manage to get it back it is very smelly and cheesy but too sensitive to wash. I have tried but it is not comfortable and so far I have just left it forward. when my foreskin is down it does not smell or look unusual... only when I pull it back. I know this is going to be a problem with girls and am looking for some advice on how to get it looser and less sensitive and tight to pull back.

The reason it becomes smelly and cheesy is beacause you have accumulated smegma under the foreskin due to lack of hygiene under the foreskin. I understand that this is painful for you, but this is why it is more important for you to get this problem cleared.

Every man with a foreskin needs to wash the area under the foreskin. Otherwise, that area will allow smegma to accumulate. Smegma is produced by the sebaceous glands, it is an oily substance used to lubricate the foreskin. It accumulates under the foreskin and needs to be cleared, otherwise infections are likely to occur. The area is dirty and moist and this makes a very good ground for fungus and bacteria, which if not treated could only cause more trouble with the foreskin and you may have to be circumcised, which in my opinion is not a smart idea, especially not in grown ups.

I am sure you still have time to take care of the problem manually, by stretching and using cortisone creams and lotions but you need to see a doctor about it before going to the Uni. A doc will show you what to do and prescribe medications that should help. Good luck!

If you don’t get this sorted out, no girl would ever have intimate contact with you and besides that, you may suffer from different problems.

i had problem couldnt pull back forskin and didnt want to see doc either, found webiste and there is a quick and easu way to sort out without pain or circumcision which is what doc will suggest probably, cant say address directly but first part is home second cure and its a co uk address, put it together no spaces and u should get there, gd luck

This is not an uncommon problem in uncircumcised guys; in many cases, men can solve the problem by working at pulling back the foreskin just a little at a time. The exposed glans can be very sensitive at first but will generally adapt to tactile sensation. Cleaning the area is important, as leaving the accumulated dead skin cells and body fluids in place can result in infections, along with the fishy odor you mention. Applying a moisturizing penis health cream with vitamin A (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) can help to eliminate the unpleasant smell, as well as helping the skin to maintain its elasticity as you work on retracting it.

Many people think that long foreskins are desirable, so you have winner in that department.

I agree that as long as the foreskin is forward it holds the smell in. It seems to me that you need to learn how to clean it and furthermore you need to learn how to stretch your foreskin so that it is a bit wider and easier to retract.

There are two ways to clean your foreskin without retracting it.

1. Pinch the tip of your foreskin closed and urinate inside it. When it as full as you can get it, release your grip on the tip of the foreskin and let the urine gush out. That will clean your foreskin. Urine is a sterile substance unless you have a urinary tract infection so it is a good cleaning agent.

2. Purchase a rubber bulb ear syringe at a drug store and use it to squirt luke warm water up into your foreskin. That also will clean it out.

In the longer term, you can stretch your foreskin wider by pulling back gently on the foreskin while you have a erection. The head of your penis will try to go through the narrow part and that will stretch it. Do that every day and after a while your foreskin will become easily retractable.

When your foreskin becomes retractable you can pull it back and wash it.