I've had this extremely itch blistery rash on my face almost 2 years now. The dermatologists have diagnosed & treated me for everything.
They did 3 biopsies that were inconlcusive. They thought I had rosacea, lupus, DH, folliculitis - all to find out the tests were negative so now they have no clue. I've been on several courses of prendisone as well as over a dozen topical corticosteroids, antibiotics, and various other ointments and cream that did nothing to help. The rash is chronic, never ever lets up unless I am using steroids, either topical or oral. But when it comes back it is spreading and is symmetrical and limited only to my face and chin. Anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks.

My nine year old daughter is going through the same thing. Hers comes and goes though. Itchy burning rash on eyes cheeks and neck. She had every test at the allergist all of which were negative. I'm thinking it's from myotoxins in her school or her dads. Maybe nail salon chemicals from her stepmom running a nail salon from the home. Have you had a mold or voc test in your home or work? It causes similar symptoms. Someone please give advice.

I wanted to say that I sympathize. My girlfriend also suffers from this. She can't get answers from anyone. Dermatologist, blood tests, and everything from creams and drugs to an 8 week detox and an ongoing 90% organic diet.

Organic chemical free face care included and still she suffers. If anyone does find any answers we would be grateful for sharing. abigsplash (at) gmail.com

Jason

I had a rash like that a few years ago, and my doctor gave me an anti-fungal cream called fucidin. It was the only thing that got rid of it. Unfortunately, the rash just came back, so I am on my way to the doc tomorrow for more fucidin.

A while back, I suffered with itchy, dry skin on chin and checks. The doctor prescribed Flouocinonide. It worked wonders and I only used a little. That's been a year ago and the symptoms are coming back. I am now searching for over the counter relief but it is hard. I might end up going back to the doctor for a refill.

I have a rash on my cheeks and chin. Found out that I was allergic to a new toothpaste I bought called Toms. I was treated with an antibiotic for 4 weeks. Thats the only thing tomget rid of it.

It's not toothpaste that you are allergic to, it's an ingredient in the toothpaste called Sodium Lauryl Sulphate. It's a derivitive of coconut and is a foaming agent in many things such as toothpaste, shampoo, soap, etc. Eliminate this from your products immediately. I found this out years ago after suffering for 15 years with a weepy red rash all over my face, especially around my mouth. I stopped using anything with SLS in it and haven't had a problem since. Tom's toothpaste has SLS in it unless you get the one type they make that says specifically "No SLS".

I too have been suffering with a similar rash for almost a year now! It is annoying and embarassing! I do have lupus and they thought it was just the malar rash. Then it got infected and I ended up in the hospital. The infection was actually impetigo ALL over my face. My rheumatologist and dermatologist have no idea what it is. They have tried everything! Even prednisone did nothing! Does anyone have any answers????

Anyone thought about vocs in air fresheners? I have had a rash around my nose eyes and chin for going on 3 months now. It would die down and come back. After getting rid of air fresheners (especially in my car) I found after a week it was completely or almost anyway gone. I recently was in a truck for 5 hours with a lot of fresheners in it. I started to break out again. I also stopped a detox so don't know if that has anything to do with it. Gonna not be around any air fresheners now and see how that goes.

I think it is a fungal infection

I have this too. I thought it might be viral...triggered by alcohol or caffeine....but cutting these out hasn't helped much. Probably slightly lessened the severity, but it's still there. New rash every day. Steroid cream worked originally, but I want to know the reason behind it. I think it's partly to do with anxiety/stress. I noticed a lessening of symptoms when I stopped work for summer( I'm a teacher). It's raging again now I'm back at work.

I have the same thing! I've been finding out that there are actually hundreds of people with thus problem. I doubt its anything to do with her dads house etc. Help!! It sucks!