My brother has scalp folliculitis and I think it is very ugly. Now he needs to take antibiotic because of it. I hope that I will not get it. I want to inform more about this. Tell me, please, how to prevent scalp folliculitis? Do I need to be more careful while I’m shaving?

Hello. I am sorry to hear this. I believe that there are not much that you can do to prevent it. You can try, but very often you won't see any type of results so that is why it is much better not to try anything. At least, you won't be disappointed because you have failed. But some things that you can do are the things that you should do every day - good hygiene habits. That means that you should also not share towels with anyone. Wash your hand very often. Use mild soaps when you are taking bath and showers. Once you start to have problems with it, you will notice it because signs and symptoms of folliculitis are visible and sometimes painful. 

You should know that it's not always possible to prevent folliculitis, but some measures may help keep you infection-free like shave with care or with electric razor. Use a shaving gel instead of cream that can help also. Try to avoid constrictive clothing. Tight clothes may chafe your skin. Good luck!