Hello everyone

My cousin is following Calorie Shifting diet but he has a problem because he isn’t very good at preparing meals. Sometimes I come to visit him and make him something but I want to give him some simple recipes so he can make the meals on his own. I figured someone here has some Calorie Shifting recipes so I decided to make a topic.

To sum it up, if you know some recipe for this diet please share. I really want to help my cousin in losing pounds but I can’t make meals for him all the time and I know that he will order some fast food first time he feels hungry. Some simple recipes would help him.

Hi Regina_Phalange

I must tell you are such a nice person. It is really nice that you make him meals when you come to visit but this thing you are now doing is even better. It reminds me of an old story about fish, eating and fishing. The best you can do is to teach him how to fish. :)

The main thing in this diet is to change calorie intake every day. One day he can eat for example sandwiches and everything he likes but the day after he will need to eat some low calorie foods.

One simple sandwich: in two pieces of chiabatta bread put sliced boiled egg, two slices of ham, sour cream and lettuce. If he likes it, he can also add one sliced tomato.

Hello both

I recommend this tuna salad recipe for the days when he needs to consume fewer calories. It is very simple to make and it is so tasty. I make it very often and I really enjoy every time I eat it.

He will need:

-Two cans of white meat tuna packed in water

-1/3 cup of light mayonnaise

-Freshly ground black pepper

-1 tablespoon of  whole-grain mustard-2 tablespoons of minced celery-2 tablespoons of minced red onion, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes and drained-1 teaspoon of minced flat-leaf parsley- Freshly squeezed lemon juice

In a medium bowl put the tuna and then add celery, onion, and parsley. After this add the mayonnaise and mustard and season well. Mix all together and your tuna salad is ready. 

Hey

I also think that you are a very nice person Regina_Phalange. I have some tips for your cousin related with calorie shifting diet. Tell him to eat 4 meals everyday and a gap between meals should be around 2 to 3 hours.

Here is a recipe for the perfect scrambled eggs. Ingredients needed are 2 or 3 eggs, milk cream and knob of butter. Put the eggs, cream and a pinch of salt in a bowl and mix together. Heat a non stick pan for 2 minutes and then add the butter. Pour in the mix and leave it without stirring for 30 seconds. After that, stir it with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes.

Hello everyone This is a recipe for the meal number 3 in a second day of calorie shifting weight loss plan. I will explain to you how to make a refreshing and yummy banana milk shake. You will need 1 banana, 4 ice cubes, 1 pinch of cinnamon, 1 cup of milk and sugar to taste. Just put all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. You can make some variations in the recipe if you want. For example you can use almond or rice milk instead of ordinary. Also you can use frozen banana if you want a really cold shake and you can add one spoon of nutela instead of sugar.

I have another great recipe for your cousin Regina_Phalange. This is a recipe for the third meal of the third day of Calorie shifting diet plan. The recipe is called ’’The fabulous fruit salad’’ and I can assure you that the name is related with its flavor. :)

Ingredients needed:

- One nectarine (pilled and sliced)

- Two stalks of celery (chopped)

- Half cup of dried cranberries

- Half cup of chopped walnuts

- One cup of non fat lemon yogurt

- One red apple (cored and chopped)

- One Granny Smith apple (cored and chopped)

In a salad bowl put all the ingredients and pour with the yogurt. Remember to chill it before serving.

Hi again

I recommend you this flavored oatmeal as a fourth meal in day one of this diet program. I am not following the program but I make this dish very often. It is so light and I think it is perfect as a dinner.

It is very simple to prepare. You will need:  1 teaspoon of flax seeds, 1/4 cup of quick cooking oats, 1/2 cup of skim milk, 1 sliced banana, 3 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts.

Combine all the ingredients except the banana in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in microwave on for about 3 minutes. Mash the banana with a fork and stir into the mixture.