I have been having trouble with fordyce recently, and it has been really making me mad. I know it is normal but i would like to know if there is proven way to reduce or elimanate these darn things.

I also have pink pearly penile paupels and they are also ticking me off. I hate these little things so much! I also know that these are normal and appear more in uncircumcised people, but i would like to know if there is a way to get rid of these.

I know that you can use a CO2 laser on both of these, but I would not like to use that alternative just yet. Please if anyone has had any good ways of getting rid of these problems I would like to know!
Thank you soooo much

As far as I know, there is no other way of treating pearly papules but there could be ways to get rid of Fordyce spots although not definitely for good.
Some health experts recommend tretinol gel or accutane but you can’t get accutane with prescription as it may have some harsh side effects. Tretinol seems to be effective when used with alpha hydroxyacid agents. It makes Fordyce spots go away or become less apparent but it may take quite some time.
Accutane is a strong drug and yet not a permanent solution. The spots may go away while on the drug but would soon reappear after stopping the drug.
I was also reading about liquid nitrogen freezing but you would have to talk to a dermatologist anyway.
I decided to do nothing as I kind of gotten used to them and my girlfriend doesn’t seem to have a problem with them.

i also have got pink penile papules but im only 14 and have never had sex how did i get them and whats the cure? let me no please :'(

yea i have these pauple things 2 there tiny but im onyl 15 two .. and i dont think you get them through sex if thats waht you were worried abotu i think they jsut appear in some men unfortuantly us lol

i am only 13 n i got em.. dw its not from anything it just comes naturally.. i read somehwere that they did a test and like 48% of 200 men had them..

I just noticed these things not too long a go, just after i became sexually active.. in oral sex terms, ive been worried that i got some std cuz it itched and it was as if it were a big mosquito bite al aorund the bottom area of my glande...i am uncircumcised...and i atribute the acumulation of bacteria to that i dont know....but i hate them too i though they were warts...i still have to go anc get checked..but i am so glad i found this info on the web its a relief and it is most likely that this is what i got.. now I want to get circumciced and have them removed... if thats what i got..what do you guys think?

I have them. I heard you get them after puberty, but I got them LONG before puberty. I got them when I was about 7 or 8. I am currently 22 so I guess they are there for life. I just now decided to find out what these bumps were and now I did. Case closed on that one ALMOST!. Now I just want to know why I got them so early. Is it normal to get them so young OR AM I SOME KIND OF FREAK?! I just now got a girlfriend on my own but is she sees these, I just don't know.

Hey ppl.
These fordyce spots, papules and cysts a normal VARANTS in men and not an abnormaility. There are a few home remedies some believe that get rid of them such as putting toothpaste on them over night to dry out the skin so that they peel off or using other chemical name items such as hydrogen peroxide. Don't count on these working though as the success rates are wildly different for different men and they can cause a lot of overnight discomfort. I suggest going to see a doctor and while that may not be what you want to hear theres no other way for peace of mind on what they really are. Also, as far as i can tell, these spots tend to occur more regularly in uncircumcised and especially hairy men as more bacteria can build up at the base of the hair (hair follicle). Obviously a cure to one of these two casues is to be circumcised but that is an unfavourable option by man for a number of reasons. I am currently looking into whether affecting the hair and hair follicles there is a way to reduce their number or size but no promises there. If a doctor is truly out of the question try searching for pictures of the aforementioned spots and compare them to yours.

iight so i had fordyces spots and my gf noticed them while giving me head...i freaked and thought it was herpes but i read online that it was fordecys spots..i also read that toothpaste helps because it drys them out...now i tried it and it didnt help to much, so i noticed on a bottle of CALAMINE LOTION that it dries things and long behold it worked. not immediately but putting it on once and a day for a week and it was gone...so use CALAMINE LOTION it works..peace

DO NOT believe this person, I personally have not tried this but in all seriousness I've read on here about people advising to make small incisions where the fordyce spots are to remove them DO NOT do that either.

I have a serious case of these spots and the extend all the way from the tip of my penis to my scrotum and they are quite large and very protruded. I also have hairs growing all the way to the tip which I have been recieving hair removal laser treatment for but so far this has not been working either, the hairs are still there

on top of this I have a skin condition called vitiligo which eats the skins pigment so your skin becomes white and the non effected areas stay pigmented this is also on my penis.

I will be trying the acutane or the other topical treatment spoken of in an above post but I WILL NOT apply calamine lotion to my penis that sounds just stupid.

post some before and after photos with the calamine lotion in view and applied and then someone might believe you.

i just saw my dermatologist today and he informed me that it is very natural for men to get fordyce spots. i asked how i could get them removed, and he said it would be a bad idea to get rid of them because they're actually good to be there because they lock in moisture. he also said there really is no alternative like getting them removed, and then just applying lotion. i have used accutane before for acne and it worked great but for acne, but for the fordyce spots it didn't change anything.. so basically its normal which is good, but it still sucks since there isn't a cure that's safe.

hi, i have these Fordyce spots, and yes, they do suck :-(
but i was wondering if i should see a doctor or something, cos i already know what they are and that theres no cure for them.
but im the type of person that worry's about things and i think a trip to the doctors couldnt do any harm, its just i dont feel like a can tell my mum about it (im 14 so cant drive) because its very embarrising.
please help :-(

DONT WORRY AS LONG ASD THE PPPS YOUR OK JUST ASK YOUR MUM IF SHE KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE IF SHE DOES TELL HER YOU HAVE THEM IF SHE DOSENT DONT THEY ARE HORRIBLE AND WHEN YOU HAVE SEX WOMEN QUESTION ALSO YOU HAVE TO WASH DAILY AROUND THEM SO THEY DONT STINK AS THERE SWEAT GLANDS ALSO IVE HERD TOOTHPASTE ON THEM KILLS THEM OR ATLEAST MAKES THEM SMALLER ONLY 1 PERSON OF 20 SAID IT DID BAD AND THATS BECAUSE HE PUT THE TOOTHPASTE EVERY WHERE ONLY ON THE SPOTS AND A TAD AROUND WILL STING YOU MUST DO THIS ONCE A DAY FOR UP TO A WEEK YOU SHOULD NOTICE DIFFERENCE IN THREE DAYS ALSO STOPPING MASTERBATION SUPPOSIVELY HELPS! :-)

Don't worry! You know what they are and that they are normal. You can explain it to her if she has any reservations. I have them as well and none of the girls I have been with have either noticed or cared. I got them quite early as well. Be careful with any self-administered "treatments".

Hey! i have Fordyce's spots im 16 and i really dnt lyk them, is there ne way of getting rid of them with out seeing your doctor or tellin ur parents coz i find it very embarsing?

please let me no coz i dnt lyk them! :'( >:(