For as long as I can remember (at least since puberty) I have has small pinhead sized hard bumps on my scrotum and penis (mainly the base, but also some on the shaft - NONE on the head). There are a lot of them. They seem be localized to hair follicles. They are solid - you can't pop them like a pimple/blister. They don't hurt, but don't go away.

I was never too concerned, but now in my 20's and sexually active, i find it kind of embarassing. And if a girl asks me what it is, I really don't know.

Can anyone help?

I'm 18 and have the exact same thing and have also had them since puperty. Their kinda prominent and when I joined the navy a doctor examined my penis and didn't say anything about them. They don't hurt and they have never spread to any of my partners. From the research I've done they seem to be fordyce's spots.

I have the same problem as both of you guys. I am 14 and have read that this may be sebaceous prominences. There is nothing wrong with them, besides visually maybe a little bit weird. You have no reason to be worried or ashamed of how your body is. Its the way you are!! Hope this helps.

Joz

I have little white/spikey like spots on the head/rim of my penis and i am sexually active. Im really scared and i dont know what to do im only 15 years old. Im scared to death that i have STD's or AID's please help???

To the person with the "little white/spikey like spots on the head/rim", here's the answer. It's entirely normal. It is something called "penile pearly papules" and occurs in most people. You can look up an image of it under that name and compare to yours. It's probably very similar. Again, completely normal!!! This is not a disease of any kind, so you can relax! Still, always use protection when having sexual intercourse!

im 16 and have had them for about 2 years and i dont want to ask the doctor about it

Me to I dont know how to get rid of them i know there harmless and all but it looks wierd.

I have had the same problem for years now. From the research I have done I seem to have White Pearly Papules on the rim of my penis and fordyce spots on the base of my penis and scrotum. It can be embarassing but they are a part of you and shouldnt be mistaken for an infectious disease. Trying to get rid of the papules can be painful surgically. However I find that if you use toothe paste (the paste, not gel type) directly on the papules, it can dry them up significantly. They eventually shrivel and flake off as dead skin after 2-3 nights of application. This is completely painless too. Make sure you wash yourself thoroughly in the morning with soap and pat dry yourself. The skin where the toothpaste was on will get slightly red due to the toothpaste drying it out. This will disappear after a few days off the toothpaste. Although this does get rid of the papules it is not permanent. The papules will eventually grow back because they are a part of you however it takes a long time for them to grow back and do not fully grow to original size.

i have the same thing im relectant to be as sexualy active as i could cause i feel girls would be discoraged thinkin it was an std but i have had since purberty. can anyone relate to this situation

I have the same problem, it's really embarassing and I'm worried that my girlfriend is going to be grossed out. Has anybody ever had that happen to them and is there treatment or someway to reduce them? Also, does anybody know exactly how common this is?

I have them too i'm 16 had them since start of puberty, their really embarissing but research shows they are very common and arn't to be treated as infection because simple their not, their just a part of me.
    their small white spot like things, on my penis they are under the skin and on my scrotum they are positioned where the hairs root though they are mainly based on the scrotum.

i would too also like to know how common this is if anyone can help

does anyone know how to reduce or anthing against them, or do you think i should

i have the same problem too and im 16 and sexually active. Im always getting worried that someone will get grossed out by them. Does the toothpaist thing actually work??? Also i have put some of my acne cream on them, Proactive, (even though they arent zits) and many of them did go down in size but are still visable

hi everyone i am glad to know that there are more people who have this, i have had it since i was 13 i got really scared, but now ive grown to ignore them and now that i know they arent dangerous i feel alot better, thanks everyone.

I have the same problem, I have a few pearly penile papules under my head as well as some fordyce spots deeper in the skin along the bottom of my shaft.

I've had them for at least 5 years, and I've gone to see a family doctor, then a dermatologist, and then another dermatologist in charge of a laser clinic.

There is no effective treatment for this condition. It's fairly common and doctors get questions about it all the time, but you shouldn't worry about it. It's fat glands under the skin that have formed trapped fat, but you can't fix them with a laser because if you lasered them, it would leave scarring that would look even worse.

im 15 and not sexualy active and i want to know what these little hard bumps are... they are started to spread they dont hurt at all but annoying...