i have fond that i can not pull back my foreskin when erect but i can when it is not, is it safe to pull back the forskin behind the head of my penis and let it go erect while behind or will it become stuck

same with me

The condition is called phimosis. If you retract and then get a full erection, and cannot return the foreskin to the forward position, that would be paraphimosis. Paraphimosis is not necessarily cause for alarm, if it does not result in swelling, restriction of normal blood flow, pain or other problem.

If you are going to attempt this for the first time, be prepared for what to do if any of those problems occurs. You will need to pinch and squeeze the bared penis head, to force the blood out of it and make it smaller, so that you pull the retracted foreskin forward again to the tip, to relieve any pressure that may have built.
However, if no problem arises, continue to keep the foreskin retracted for any prolonged period, to stretch the foreskin and make it easier to work.