Im 18 and I've never pulled back my foreskin, I didnt grow up with my dad so i never really had a male to teach me anything , ive learned everything like shaving, by myself, but recently , I learned you are supposed to pull back your foreskin before you have sex, or to even clean it. No one ever told me this..and im terrified. I try to pull it back slowly but honestly I start to panic. Its something new to me so mentally its hard for me. I pull it back but as soon as i see a little bit of the tip i just get so nervous and scared. pulling back doesn't really hurt me tho. Please help me, I hate the fact that so many people my age are already doing this perfectly fine and im starting from 0.. is there anything i can do to help me overcome this? Maybe masterbating and little by little stretch it more and more? I actually tried doing this the other day but the fear of pulling back just completely got me uninterested in masterbating. guys this is serious please help me out..

Hi Jason,

LOTS of guys don't know their foreskin should come back.  You are not alone.

Go ahead and pull it back but don't force it.  You can stretch it if you need to.  Get an erection and pull down on the shaft skin so that the glans spreads the opening.  You can also use your fingers.  You may want to do this in the shower, the water helps soften the skin.

Do it as often as you can! 

You'll likely find the glans to be very sensitive when exposed at first.  This is NORMAL. 

There are a lot of nerves in the foreskin.  There is a bonus to being able to retract easily.

New things can be scary but you won't hurt anything.  Do it at your own pace.

Good luck.

Hey thank you so much for being nice and helping me, I am willing to try once again but before i do, i have a quick question, I notice when my tip is out, anything that touches it whether its my hand or any type of close it stings A LOT !! So i am terrified of doing it in the water because im scared it will hurt really bad , and my shower head isnt the smoothest....

As Dan said it will be very sensitive at first. As you pull it back to expose more of it you will get used to the feeling and it will become much less sensitive. As the sensitivity goes away you will find it becomes very pleasureful to touch it and even rub it when you masturbate. Being able to fully retract your foreskin is a big plus for your sexual pleasure.

Same problem but I retracted it when I was not erect and it was not going back to its normal position it was like it stuck there should I try it when it is erect