Hello. I'm 34 year old male. About two days ago I was on a dinner with my family in some Chinese restaurant.
When I got home I felt some bloating in my abdomen but I thought it was from over eating my self.
I woke up in the middle of the night with hi fever covered with cold sweet. All day I suffered from diarrhea and vomiting.
I was sure I have poisoned my self with food from that restaurant because only I have eaten some plate of raw oysters.
I contacted my gastrologist and he said I have developed some condition called gastroenteritis.
What should I know about this disease?

Well, I have herd some about that condition last year when my roommate was diagnosed with it.
Gastroenteritis means inflammation of the stomach and small and large intestines.
In most cases it is caused by virus. The main symptoms of viral gastroenteritis are watery diarrhea and vomiting.
In most cases this is not very serious disease.
People who get viral gastroenteritis almost always recover completely without any long-term problems.
You must isolate your self from other in your home because viral gastroenteritis is contagious.
The viruses that cause gastroenteritis are spread through close contact with infected persons by sharing food, water etc.