Hi. Recently I started to suffer from some gastro-intestinal problems and I don’t what to do.
I'm a middle age man with long family history in digestive problems.
Few weeks ago, during normal bowel moving, I have noticed that I have small amount of blood on my toilet paper.
Also, I had a diarrhea that lasts more than two week before.
So, I contacted my gastrologist and he scheduled my for some radiology examine with barium.
The tests were showing that I suffer from some condition called colon polyps.
My doctor didn’t want to tell me anything about it and I was wondering if anybody knows anything about this condition and possible cause of it?

A polyp is extra tissue that grows inside your body. Colon polyps grow in the large intestine.
Anyone can get polyps, but certain people are more likely than others.
If someone in your family had polyps than you have a greater chance to develop them because familiar polyposis is present.
For the vast majority of polyps, dietary and genetic influences may be of equal importance.
You may be more likely to get polyps if you smoke, drink alcohol weigh too much and eat a lot of fatty foods.
Most small polyps don't cause symptoms. Often, people don't know they have one until the doctor finds it during a regular checkup or while testing them for something else.
If the polyps are causing problems like blood in a stool the doctor will remove the polyp.
It is believed that sometimes these polyps can be some precancerous condition so you need to take this very seriously.
Calcium and aspirin may have a protective role.