Hi, I wanted to make appointment with a specialist for aging diseases, but he went to geriontologist meeting. What is geriontology? Is it the right professional for aging diseases?

Hi, I know that most of medical expressions sound strange to people until they don’t get used to them. Gerontologists are professionals who specialize in treatment of older adults. You need to get in contact with an applied gerontologist, and their work is to treat directly older persons, communicate with them. Usually, such services are provided in nursing homes, senior citizen centers, and other similar facilities. Their work is to make better life conditions for older people in a social surrounding and understand better their specific needs. Older people deal with variety of problems of third age, what requires professional attention and knowledge.