Hey there,
I am looking for additional info on Metabolic Research Centers. Did anyone here already join this center. Is it successful.
Thanks for information!

Metabolic Research Centers are chain of health centers across US, but unfortunately not in every US state. The programme was created by doctors and it is well anticipated by doctors and medical stuff. Nutrition programme is well balanced and it encompass all four food groups and well balanced exercise; besides that you must drink a lot of water. This is crucial- in proper nutrition everyone should drink a lot of liquid- this is very important in detoxification of body. Metabolic Research Centers also sell dietary supplements, but they are not crucial for weight loss and it is personal decision whether someone wants to buy them or not. Personal counselling is also included and you are expected to visit center, actually meet with your counsellor on weekly basis.
This programme is very balanced, it is very personalized and it works for me- slowly but surly ƒº in past two months I lost 12 pounds and I am keep on loosing it ¡K and this is without dietary supplements!!!

MRC worked for me. I lost 53 pounds in 17 weeks. It is one of the best things that ever happened to me. The staff are wonderful. It is very personalized with many choices. I highly recommend it!

FOR THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED IN THE PROGRAM, I CAN TELL YOU THERE ARE MORE THAN 5 WOMEN IN MY CHURCH THAT ARE CURRENTLY ON IT AND HAVE LOST BETWEEN 60 AND 120 LBS, OUR YOUTH MINISTER WIFE HAS BEEN HEAVY EVEN WHEN A KID SHE WAS OVER 300 AND NOW WEIGHS 183 AND LOOKS AWESOME, SHE HAS MOTIVATED SEVERAL WOMEN IN OUR CHURCH. AND AS I STATED SEVERAL WOMEN HAS JOINED AND LOST 60 LBS. THEY SAY THE PROTEIN DRINKS, COFFEE ECT ARE GREAT, I MYSELF PLAN ON GOING ON IT THIS WEEK TO AT LEAST LOSE 50. SO I PERSONALLY CAN SAY YES LADIES THIS DIET WORKS. I ATTEND LANDMARK BAPTIST CHURCH IN SEFFNER FLA, YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO CALL AND ASK FOR A MRS PRESTON, FOR SHE IS A TEACHER AT THE SCHOOL THERE. FOR IM JUST A MEMBER AND SEE WEEK TO WEEK THE CHANGE OF LOSE IN EACH LADY. I PERSONALLY CANT WAIT TILL I MYSELF GET STATED . GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL. CINDY :-D

new here I went to the center and was kind of disappointed because I am a senior citizen age 69 and need to lose 40 lbs but I cannot afford to buy all those supplements on a limited income.I realize this is how they make thier money.I was wondering if anyone would like to share the recipies u use when u first start out because this is all I need is just the starting program.I asked my DR today if i could take Hoodia to supress the appetite and he said not enough studies have really been made on it yet and it can cause fast heartbeat and some stomach problems so it looks like my hopes are dashed again becauseI really have a big appetite. can anyone help me with the starting program? Barb

I went for the consultation and could not afford the program. I did take some things home with me that have made me lose weight: create a form (even if handwritten), make copies and write what you eat for every meal/snack. Get some baggies or tupperware and put in all your snacks for the day, and stick to it. Spring for emergency protein supplements for the times you can't eat a "good" meal. Get their 4 columns of sample foods and try to stick with it. Measure things--1/2 cup of cottage cheese, etc. It is amazing how measuring helps! Exercise religiously, even if it is walking briskly. I have a couple of Dasani 1 liter water bottles that I refill each day to keep track of my water intake. You should drink 2 per day. If you get one and refill it multiple times a day, you can cheat! My downfall was sweets, and after one week when I did eat something off my lists, it just didn't taste that great, and I've been able to forgo those things now.

WHAT EVER YOU DO DO NOT JOIN MRC IT IS A BIG SCAM ALL THEY DO IS SELL YOU "VITAMINS" AND IF YOU TELL THEM YOU DO NOT WANT THEM THEY SHAME YOU INTO IT. THEY ONLY GIVE SUPPORT AS LONG AS YOU ARE SUPPORTING THEM WITH $$$$$$ i SPENT OVER $800 AND ONCE I SAID ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH AND THAT I WANTED TO JUST GET BACK TO BASICS THEY STOPPED CALLING, MEETING WITH ME ON SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS AND CARING. KEEP YOUR MONEY IN YOUR POCKET

I have been with Metabolic for 5 years and have participated in the program as well as helped clients lose weight.  I am most confident that the programs we offer are successful in aiding in weight loss and teaching you how to maintain for life.  We have many programs that we offer and in my center and many others, I know we care.  As with anything in life you get what you pay for.  We have a range of pricing on our programs that fit into anyones budget.  You can lose from 2 to 7 pounds per week, depending upon the program.  Herbs and Vitamins are optional and we tell the clients this; however, we do offer them as a way to enhance your weight loss and promote good health.  We have many, many successful and happy clients.  I love my job and I love the fact that I lost 40 pounds 5 years ago and have kept it off.  I am now in my late 50's and feel better than I did in my 40's.

You are so very wrong about MRC...it is a great way to lose weight quickly, learn how to keep it off. You do not have to buy ANY VITAMINS at MRC! You do need to purchase protein drinks, because they aid in the weight loss process as this is a ketogenic diet!

MRC promotes whole foods....get back to the basics, lean meat such as chicken breast, white fish, turkey, and albacore tuna. Eat fruits and vegtables, cut out everything processed and you'll see results! Avoid sugar, caffine, alcohol, and drink lots of water. Good Luck!

It is sad that you had this experience but I don't think yours' is the norm I know several people who have had success, including myself, and any program that has you eat food to lose weight cannot be that big of a scam. How much you spend is completely up to the customer. I was told that other than the High nutrient supplements every other product was optional and would only add to my success and speed up my weight loss. Not every one I know has been successful but the common denominator with most of those people was not following the menu. I personally recommended someone who said it didn't work at all and that she even gained weight, only to find out that she was eating fried foods, extra meals, and snacks. She wanted a magic pill and still be able to eat exactly as she was when she packed on the pounds. That is a delusional and unreasonable expectation. The biggest problem is that most fat people didn't get that way from trying hard and being motivated.