I am 14 days into methadone withdrawal
(started at 30mg & brought up to 60mg in a few days & stayed at a maintence dose for about a year & over the past year I weaned down to 21mg & got minor withdrawls went back to 24mg till I felt good then back down to 19mg which was holding me nicely)

Well also in the last year ,I met an alcoholic girl & fell in love,so of course being an addict(WHO ALWAYS HATED ALCOHOL)I started drinking w/her.
I'm 38 & after only 1 yr. I'm an alkie too now!! I am a daily drinker of about a pint of vodka mixed w/either Mike's Hard Lime or OJ & i'll usually have a few beers....(cut down a little recently)

I wanna know if drinking while trying to kick Meth is OK...(could not find a single topic on this site here!!!)it has definitely made it eaiser to get thru the past 2 weeks.
Am I just prolonging my kick time...?

PLEASE ANY FACTS ON THIS WOULD BE SOOO APPRICIATED

Ive been on methadone for a few years now and I was addicted to pain pills and alcohol,but did not use them together.
I went from drinking too using the pills. Basically I substituted one addiction for anouther and that is what you are doing if you stop methadone,or stay on it and start drinking.
They also say at the clinic that drinking on methadone is dangerous.
Methadone suppresses your body functions,like breathing and so does alcohol!
Stopping the methadone isn't going to get you anywhere better if you use alcohol to substitute it with!!!!