I have been on methadone since August 2007, I have given birth to my first child while on methadone in June 08 at 85 mg. I have been detoxing ever since and I am finally just about finished. I am now on 5 mg. Just last week I found out I was pregnant again with my 2nd child. I really do not want to have this baby on methadone especially because I've made it this far to detox and I'm so so close to being done. I know I can only be about 6 weeks pregnant. I want to know can I continue my detox safely? I am only on 5 mg.!! It's the last step before I get off! I don't want to have to be on this for another 8 or 9 mos. I want to do what is safe for my baby and I really want to finish off this detox. If anyone knows anything that could help me out I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hi Erecka: Think of it this way, you are so LITTLE of the methadone, in no time flat you will be off of this - compared to what you were on with your 1st pregnancy this is like night and day for you isn't it? So continue with your detox, I take it that due to your low dose that you are probably not having any withdrawls or anything like that right? So just eat healthy, take your vitamins, do everything normally while going through your pregnancy. Think of this last little bit as just an irritant and it will soon be over and you will be totally healthy and finally well, when he/she is born. Try to think of it like that = as an irritant, like heartburn or hiccups,- so you keep it light in your head and it doesn't feel so daunting to you. Because lets face facts this last little bit isn't is it?!! :-D Try not to think about it, and just be as healthy as you can be. Because as you and I know If you start letting your other brain start thinking it won't be good right? So good luck and health to both of you. And you WILL be fine!