What is glycolic acid? My cosmetician suggested me a treatment with this acid. He tells me that may skin will be smoother, and I will look younger. I don’t believe him. If you know anything about glycolic acid, please answer to my questions?

Hi! First you must know how glycolic acid works. Glycolic acid works as an exfoliating agent because of its high acidity but easy solubility. When placed on the skin as part of an exfoliating cream or gel, glycolic acid goes under the damaged upper layers of skin. Then glycolic acid destroys the glue which holds dead skin to the surface. As this dead skin is removed, the other ingredients carry the individual flakes away. Water rinse neutralizes the remaining acid. The result is a smoother skin surface and a more youthful appearance. I saw result of this treatment on the other person. She was satisfied, and I notice a difference.