I have some granulation tissue on my toe from an ingrown toenail. Surgery was performed to remove the ingrown toenail but the granulation tissue never went away. It's still oozing a bit and so it was decided to be treated with silver nitrate sticks. I have received two treatments so far, I have noticed a small reduction in the size of the tissue but it's still not fully gone.  How many treatments does it usually take? And what am I to expect?  The skin that was being treated turned the black /grey color from the silver deposit and a hard scab has formed.  Does the granulation tissue just break down or does it fall off like a scab?  I only ask because I have never been treated for this before and I'm not sure what I should be looking out for.  Thank you.  

hey man I had same thing happen to me. It's supposed to peel off. The granulation tissue formed from the wound trying to heal itself but it also has bacteria and contaminated cells so it must be cauterized, in this case, with silver nitrate. It does stain the skin which makes it look awful, but long-term it's the best decision.

It goes brown an Green and falls off but I had complications and got frostbite form it and also have black marks all over my toe